013 - Just PAL-ing Around
This week we discuss the fallout of Microsoft’s house cleaning, and of course we have Zombie News, Knobs and Discos and a couple of pals just "PAL"ing around.
Show notes are available on http://www.zedtozed.com/
Please give us a rating or review in your favourite podcast application, it will really help us spread the word and make the show a success!
Contact us on Twitter @zedtozed or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we'd love to hear from you! Also check out the Zed to Zed Podcast Leaderboard on TrueAchievements and zzUrbanSpaceman's blog.
Opening/closing music: "Jive Bot" by Jake Kaufman from the game Mighty Switch Force! developed and published by WayForward Technologies
Gamerscore Boot Camp music: "Dalmation Station (It Gets Better Mix)" by Jake Kaufman (as virt) from the game Mighty Switch Force! 2 developed and published by WayForward Technologies
All music by Jake Kaufman (virt) can be listened to and purchased here: https://virt.bandcamp.com/
All audio production and podcast backend support provided by Tarragon Allen.
Show notes kindly collated, calmly and collectedly with 'credible candour by Jo Carter.
Brandon Fream aka "Freamwhole" - TrueAchievements - Xbox
Randy aka "Crandy" - TrueAchievements - Xbox
0:00:00 - Intro
00:12:35 What We’ve Been Up To
- Got a IBM Model M Keyboard - not the buckling spring version
- GHL - 100 million on Xbox One, 92 million on 360 version. Horrible game… clearly doesn’t recommend this
- Finished ROBLOX (Didn’t pull a Fream)
- Kameo: Elements of Power - finished story, 600-700G in 6-8 hours.
- Killer Instinct - hit Killer rank this week. Season 3 is out 29th March.
- GRAW (DRINK!) (Shoutout to McLovinLegend)
- Rayman Legends - got teensies, doing the dailies
- Guacamelee - finished
- Assassin’s Creed: Revelations - collecting animus fragments
00:25:18 Listener Feedback
- Thanks to spazpol, Griffey95, Big Ell, Avenged Against, Jellybigfoot, planting42, McLovinLegend, KaibaChaos, angelsk, Is That Hydro, Ms Dudette, JelliedBigfoot
- We have the Fream; what is the Randy and the Tarragon?
- The Tarragon (verb) Buy games wantonly
- The Crandy (verb) Play a garbage game ironically
- Fream’s Absolutely Wonderfully Awesome and Fantastic Drinking Game: tonight’s drinking words - Awesome, Fantastic, Wonderful, Absolutely
- GRAW (DRINK!)
- Recommend one game of all time, one game for the rest of your life?
- Crandy: Runescape (Overall), Rock Band 3 (Xbox), Driver 3
- Freamwhole: Destiny, GTA5
- Longest Episode == Most Downloaded Episode; clearly due to the extra Jo ;) #jk
- Favourite site wish list items - Regional filtering (Randy); My game collection (Brandon); Multiple ToDo Lists (Brandon - and JO!!!); Leaderboard filtering by Gamerscore/Achievement changes over time (Brandon); TrueAchievement titles (Brandon)
- I totally did doze off at work today (LOL - Jo) - I do love sleep. Urm, 4 hours a night is not enough Brandon!
- Earthworm Jim 3D - possibly the worst collectible task in a game (marbles); I prefer it when there’s a story to collect; 20th anniversary of Pokemon
01:00:06 Featured Content - Just "PAL"ing around
- Shoutout to MightyMango and HandyDarkness
- PAL Regions - Europe, Australia and New Zealand
- Where? Amazon UK - £5 shipping rate internationally. Also, Game will ship console internationally for £5 (also used consoles).
- Power supply won’t work outside of Europe - will need to get a country-specific power supply.
- Amazon UK/ Game, best to buy in buik.
- Germany more difficult to get games from - Amazon DE.
- Get a friend in Europe :)
- One retailer in Australia - JB Hifi
- GRAW (DRINK!)
- Lots of good PAL games. Notable/ Rare: Of Orcs and Men (N), My Horse and Me 2 (R), Mafia 2 (Eastern European) (R) - Platinum version with DLC (DLC removed from digital store), Solider of Fortune: Payback (AU - first run), Bloodbath and Kick-Ass 2 (unreleased on disc), Battle vs. Chess (Check vs Mate)
- Digital games: Need a PAL account and PAL console (Games on Demand)
01:45:24 Shovelware Cemetery
- Every 2 weeks now
- Karsten, developer from Happy Tuesday will be interviewed next week on Hero Defense - send in your questions
01:47:12 Gamerscore Bootcamp - OXENFREE
- Alternate with Shovelware Cemetery (every other 2 weeks)
- Excellent guide by amenazamenor JF for the achievement "This House Is Clear" (and pretty much the whole game without spoilers)
01:49:32 Knobs and Discos
01:53:21 Zombie News Corner
Glossary of Xbox Gamerscore and achievement jargon and terms: http://zedtozed.com/xbox-gamerscore-and-achievement-glossary